Because most of the dogs in the NMDOG program have experienced enough suffering to last them a couple of lifetimes, we want to make EXTRA sure we are sending them to the absolute best homes possible. Hence, this is what we require of our adopters:
- Person adopting dog has to be 18 years of age or older
- Person adopting dog may not have any history of animal cruelty, domestic violence or child abuse
- Person adopting dog may not have surrendered a dog to our group, or an affiliate rescue organization
- Person adopting dog must remain in compliance with the number of allowed animals by your local animal welfare ordinance
- Person adopting dog must remain in compliance with any breed restrictions whether imposed by your local jurisdiction, rental agreement, homeowners association or insurance policy
- All resident pets must be spayed or neutered, micro-chipped, and up-to-date on vaccinations (unless a written explanation is provided by a licensed veterinarian)
- NMDOG dogs have to be INSIDE dogs, with access provided to a safely contained outside area (invisible fences do not qualify). They are expected to live as part of the family.
- NMDOGs need to be adopted as companion animals only and cannot be trained as service dogs, working dogs, or guard dogs.
- NMDOG does not tolerate the penning, tethering, chaining or the usage of trolley systems for any of our dogs, for any reason, under any circumstance.