Chained Dog Report

If your concern falls within the jurisdiction of the City of Albuquerque, please note the following:

NMDOG was just made aware of a new Albuquerque Animal Welfare Department policy, which states that they will no longer be accepting third party reports. This means that, at least for now, we will not be able to forward your report, ensuring your anonymity, and our ability to follow-up. We strongly urge you to call your concerns in directly to Albuquerque Animal Welfare by dialing 311 and speaking with a dispatch operator. They will give you a report number. Please send us a follow-up email with the date/time of your call to 311, the outcome of your call, and the report number you were given.

If you are not comfortable calling directly about your concerns, we understand, and ask that you email us at explaining to us the details of the situation.

We deeply regret our inability to assist with your concerns for animals in the City of Albuquerque at this time. We hope to get additional information on this policy change very soon.

If your report falls outside of the City of Albuquerque, we will still be able to assist by way of partnerships between NMDOG, unincorporated Bernalillo County and numerous other Animal Control Departments across the state. Please proceed by submitting your report below. If you do not know what jurisdiction your concern falls within, please proceed with the report form below, and we will be in touch.

Thank you so much for reaching out to us and being a voice for an animal in need.